Skip to main content

Here I am at last!

I wonder how every tiny little piece of puzzle fits right in when the time comes. I used to wonder whom I would marry and who would live with me all my life, tolerating my eccentricities, short temper, impatience... Now the puzzle is solved and I am surprised. Fate has brought me someone who was my first and last crush since childhood  When I was in primary, he was in high school and then college. Very handsome then. I was shy of him but adored him unknowingly. Over the years, we lost touch as roads differed and each went on our own path. But I always used to wonder where he was and what he was doing, may be married with two kids and not even remembering the tiny little me who once tormented him. And then one day, I felt like searching for him in Facebook. Then hesitatingly sent a friend request imagining I would just be his friend and it would be great to renew old acquaintances. And one thing led to another. I still can't believe I have met him again after 16 long years and fate is binding us together. I feel I have reached my destination. Touch wood. [Guess I, who refused to believe in superstitions, is finally contradicting myself.]

Comments

  1. ಶುಭಾಶಯಗಳು :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats :).. that's really good to know.. Happy for you :)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and then, there are such mystical phenomena viz., auto-hypnotic suggestions, telepathy, self-fulfilling propheciess, 'the whole universe conspiring to make happen what one strongly & deeply desires, while the whole world seems to be at odds with the oneself', et al, - de-mystified by the primordial self being connected to the pure universal consciousness through itself, that is unconditional Love ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Caterpillar or butterfly?

'Caught in a strange land in a net with other butterflies, I'm a caterpillar yet undecided to remain a caterpillar and perish or turn into a beautiful butterfly and live a life full of joy.' Readers don't laugh. But I came up with this one night recently when I was travelling in a train. I tossed and turned, not being able to sleep, upset over unexplainable things and frustrated over events not in my control. Then it occurred to me that our life and its usefulness depends on our decisions -- whether to remain a crawling caterpillar whose existence otherwise is either ignored by all and sundry or who is cursed for just being there and thrown out with a stick, or to develop wings of life and metamorphose into a beautiful butterfly whom everybody adores for its beauty and colour, for its flitting liveliness, for its service to the flower's pollination... I thought that I should be a butterfly, of service to others, but then again I thought, anyway, who really cares? 

Parents extraordinaire

My friend told me a story today while we were travelling in bus. It made me think of human emotions and the ways they are manifested in relationships. On Monday, my friend got into her bus as usual and sat on a vacant seat near an old man. He was bent with age, possibly carrying the life's burden. After a while, he started talking to her, asking about the time and her destination. When the city bus stand came near, he said he had to go to Sayyaji Rao Road to buy dosa, come back near Town Hall to buy churumuri and go somewhere else for some other eatable. She just nodded thinking why he was telling her all this. He then said it was all for his son. My friend asked him what work does his son do, to which he replied 'nothing.' He is well-educated, with good computer knowledge and intelligence enough to work. But he never steps out of his house and this aged dad works for a living, not only looking after his grown son but also cooking for him and lovingly serv...

Two separate questions

Guess I am out of touch with everything right now, so no blog entry for many days. From many days, a question is bothering me. I haven't found a satisfactory answer yet. So I'll write it down here. Maybe anybody who reads this may know the answer. "Just because we are journalists, writers, opinion creators and thinkers, do we have the right to judge others? Either personally or professionally?" I think we don't have the right to judge a person, even if we are right. But as writers, we would have to judge others whether we like it or not. And it's very difficult forcing people to think, but that's what we are doing or pretending to be doing right? Another question: "How come life is so simple if you just let it live by itself without bothering much and so complicated if you try to manipulate it or even understand it?" Blessed are the ignorant. We who can understand everything, try not to let anything go by without understanding and thus miss the b...